Pages

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Meet my husband (sort of)

I'm definitely not one of those techie type of people, and I never thought I would do something like this as I am an extremely private person, but the idea of actually writing down my feelings and emotions is somehow really appealing. I can't imagine why anyone would find my life at all interesting but I will say that if through my many years of experience with Lupus I might help someone, it would please me immensely. I will start with the basics so here goes: I am 42 yrs. old, married and have two wonderful daughters. (I guess everyone says that, huh?) I've been with my husband since I was 15 and he was 21. What a pervert, right? Anyway, we are still very much in love, no really! We actually like each others company and still talk about everything going on in our lives. He's not perfect nor am I, but he's less perfect and here's why: My husband is, was and always has been a pretty selfish person. His mother babied and enabled him all his life, and when I got together with him, I took right over where she left off. I know, I know!!! I knew what I was doing then and I know what I am doing now. I take some perverted pleasure out of being the one person who can do everything for everyone, make everyone happy and still be everyone's best friend. It's a long complicated story I might share later, yadda, yadda, yadda! Anyway, He has always liked things his way and I've always accommodated him for the most part, even after my diagnosis 12 yrs. ago, until about 5 yrs. ago. I became the sickest I've ever been and have not been able to rally from this one, meaning a flare. A flare is when you are having active symptoms due to the Lupus as opposed to being in a remission like state. I must say five years is a long time to be constantly sick when you have a personality like mine. My poor husband, what was he to do? I was still able to do for him to an extent, but nothing like what he'd been used to all his life. Well, I'll tell you what he did: he changed. Not totally or all at once, but slowly and with some hard bumps. But he changed! He started doing more for himself, and more than that, he started doing more for me. Can you believe it? Mister, I have to have everything my way and must not be inconvenienced, actually started waiting on me. After 27 years together habits can be pretty hard to break but he is, slowly and surely, and he couldn't have shown me he loved me more if he had shouted it from the rooftops. Now you see why I said at the beginning that I was still in love with him after all these years. It goes without saying why he is still in love with me after all these years. (you know, all the waiting on hand and foot) Damn! I said it anyway, Oh well. Like I said before, I don't know if anyone will be interested in any of this, but it sure felt good to write some of it down. I'm kinda proud of myself, an old non-techie like myself. This just might become a habit. ;) More later, must cook dinner. I hope you all have a great evening and a blessed night!

No comments:

Post a Comment